Burton Focus and History

Burton Medical Products, originally known as Burton Manufacturing Company, was founded in 1928 in Chicago, Illinois by J.A. Korengold and named after his nephew, Burton Korengold. Gradually the company created a diverse set of product lines for medical / dental lighting to power supply and support defense equipment.

In August of 2010 Philips announced its acquisition of Burton Medical Products Corporation from Norwegian Glamox ASA.  Philips Burton became part of Royal Philips and was located in Franklin Park, Illinois, just west of Chicago.

Philips is the world’s leading lighting company and is also one of the world’s largest providers of healthcare equipment.  

The acquisition enabled Philips to strengthen offering in:

  • Surgical Headlights
  • Exam Lighting 
  • Diagnostic Lights 
  • Minor Surgery Lighting

Philips Burton Website:

http://www.burtonmedical.com/